Corsair Community

Feedback for TRIM Firmware Update for P128

At some point I figure I'm going to have to do yet another clean install of Win Ult. 64-bit--it's been incredibly buggy from the outset & "upgrade" installs (same OS), while very easy & > 1 hour including all updates do not seem to help much. On the face of it, using Win 7 TRIM instead of the Samsung "garbage collector" would seem to be an opportune time to try the TRIM firmware update--given that the last I read this necessitates a clean wipe of the drive.

Using the excellent advice given in the Win 7 advice post--except for eliminating the paging file instead of moving the paging file to a mechanical drive--I seem to be getting continued excellent read speeds (about 210-220) & good sustained write (about 160 per Atto).

Nevertheless, I'd appreciate some feedback whether a successful firmware update to the TRIM version is worthwhile--I think I'd have to use a different computer with an external interface to run the P128 using IDE vs. ACHI. Again, it SEEMS to be a good idea, but real-life experience from forum members would be helpful. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

• Corsair Employees
If the system is stable and there is no performance loss I would not suggest doing the update. But if you do you may see the performance drop slightly about 5% from what we have seen and yes I agree do a secure erase and then fresh image/install to make sure the drive is starting fresh.

Archived