Corsair Community

memory for Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO if more than 4 GB

Meir

I just purchased the Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO motherboard and want to get Corsair memory for it. I used the memory configurator and it gave me the TW3X4G1333C9DHX which is a 4 GB kit with two 2 GB memory modules. The online specs say that the motherboard has 4 DIMM slots that can take up to 16 GB of memory.

If I want to install at least 8 GB of memory what is my best bet?

If I only want to do 8 GB I imagine I would just buy two kits and fill up four slots- or is there any savings in getting two 4 GB RAM modules instead of getting four 2GB ones?

Below the 4 GB kit that came up in the search there was a list of other modules but they had assorted voltages and so I wasn't sure what that list was for. I figured that if the recommended RAM is 1.5 volts , others in the list below it at 1.6 and 1.67 would be no good.

Since only the 4 GB kit came up directly in my search does that mean it is the only option? If I want to install 12 GB or 16 GB which ones would I want?

If I am installing 8 GB would there be any savings in getting two 4 GB modules (if they exist) or is the cost and performance the same whether I have two 4 GB modules or four 2 GB ones?

• Corsair Employee
I would only recommend the CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 or CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 on that board and CPU. As far as 12GB you would not want to install the triple channel kit on your system and we don't have a 16GB kit currently for AMD.

Thanks for getting back to me. Does it matter which of the two I use with my motherboard? What is the difference between them? I saw that the latency is different on each. Do lower numbers mean faster response time?

The CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 has a latency time of 7-7-7-20 while the

CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 has a latency time of 9-9-9-24.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the latency time means : ((

Does the motherboard determine which latency time can be used so that I need to find out which one my motherboard requires or is it a matter of one being slightly faster than the other?

Archived