Hi,

I hope you can guide me in the right direction. I have the following setup:

MB:GA-P35C-DS3R

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

BIOS: F9

Core Speed: 1600 MHz

Bus Speed 266.6 MHz

Rated FSB: 1066.6MHz

My motherboard is capable of supporting 8GB of DDR2 RAM. Thus I bought 2 pairs of 4GB (CM2x2048-8500C5D) RAM modules and have been experiencing BSOD every day.

I tried running with only 4GB of RAM and still I got BSOD.

Since 2007 I had A-Data Vitesta 2 GB RAM (2 sticks of 1GB each - Dual Channel 533MHz with 5-5-5-15 2T) and never had any issues. I would have my machine running for weeks without rebooting. Granted, I had WinXP SP3 which I converted to a VM and I upgraded my OS to Win 7 64-bit. I believe OS is not an issue. I put the A-Data RAM I did not experience BSOD. I believe the issue is with the timing etc.

How to I correctly configure my MB/BIOS to work with the Corsair RAM? This machine is my development server and I need 8GB of RAM so I can run a couple of VMs each with 1 to 2 GB of RAM to test my applications.

Thank you.

Ado

Thank you RAM Guy, I did as you said, CPU-Z now reports 399.5MHz for DRAM frequency so I guess that would be 800MHz being that it is in dual mode.

I will run memtest tonight to see whether I get any errors. Thanks again.

Ado

I run memtest86+ v4.00 overnight and received the following error:

Tst | Pass | Failing Address | Good | Bad | Err Bits | Count |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 | 0 | 000dfeee788-3582.9MB | 00000000|00000001| 00000001| 1 |

I am not sure what to make out of this. Other than that, after the test I rebooted and the machine run fine all day, no freezing, no problems.

Pennies for your thoughts :-)

Thanks.

Ado

Archived