Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DRSR & TW3X4G13339A

wphx

This board has ddr2 & ddr3 slots. When I run on the 4g RAM the machine will run but will spontaneously reboot most likely when the RAM is loaded. When I run this on just one of the 2 x 2G sticks it runs stable.

The motherboard memory voltage seems to run at around 1.65 - 1.7v on default settings, yet the sticks are rated at 1.5 v can this be a problem?

• Corsair Employee
Set the memory voltage to 1.6v and the timings to 9-9-9-24. Test each module individually. If you are having issues when both slots are filled it may be a limitation of the memory controller. You may also want to check for any bios updates available.

I'm not sure how to do that. I can change the memory voltage upwards in increments of about .2v I think. I don't see how to set the memory voltage. I did set the memory speed to 1066 instead of 1333 it selected timings of 8-8-8-something. hwmonitor tells me that the memory voltage is now running at 1.5v and the system seems stable. Is it possible to set it at 1333 and bring the voltage down to 1.6v?

Archived