Corsair Community

12gb (tr3x6gb1600c8d) and Asus P6x58D

inquiztr

I am building a new pc and about to assemble. I found in the Asus manual that I will not be able to use 6 memory sticks of the TR3x6GB1600C8D to give me 12GB of ram in this P6x58D motherboard.

What should I do? Return this ram and find another memory that work with 6 sticks of ram? The motherboards QVL suggests Tr3x6g1600c9ver2.1 XMP which confuses me as it also states in the manual that XMP only works with 1 stick per channel..

Should i use slower memory such as the tr3x6g1333c9

The forums are full of people having problems running 12GB with this motherboard.. should I use the fast memory i have and be happy with only 8gb, step down to slower ram for 12gb, or is there a right memory to buy that will run at 1600 with this mobo in a 12gb configuration.

Please help, as I need this computer assembled quick and editing my video.

Thanks

I bought return the ram I mentioned and bought : TR3X6G1333C9 which is listed that page you linked to. I popped in the 6x2gb sticks into the motherboard and the motherboard is only showing 8gb.

What do I do now. This is the same issue I had with the other ram except now I have slower ram.

I bought return the ram I mentioned and bought : TR3X6G1333C9 which is listed that page you linked to. I popped in the 6x2gb sticks into the motherboard and the motherboard is only showing 8gb.

What do I do now. This is the same issue I had with the other ram except now I have slower ram.

That most likely means that your issue is not the RAM.

Try the troubleshooting steps shown in THIS THREAD.

Archived