Corsair Community

Voyager GTR - need product dimensions and weights

gweilo8888

Hi all

I'm trying to find out the dimensions and weight of each of the different Corsair Voyager GTR flash drive models (32GB, 64GB and 128GB). It seems incredible to me that this isn't listed in the specifications on Corsair's site, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere -- and nor do any of the reviews I found mention it...

The only things I've found so far are contradictory - usbmemorysticks.net lists a size that converts to 2.9" x 0.9" x 0.6", and newegg's user reviews say four inches long, but don't mention width or height. Amazon.com lists a size that I can only presume is for the product packaging, as it is huge. (6" x 4.8" x 0.3")

Can anybody please tell me the length, width and height (including cap) of all three models, as well as their respective weights?

Many thanks in advance!

---

Michael

• Corsair Employees

Michael

Why do you need that information? The only possible use would be for shipping reasons or if you are trying to copy/forge our drives, in which case I am sorry that is not going to happen.

Michael

Why do you need that information? The only possible use would be for shipping reasons or if you are trying to copy/forge our drives, in which case I am sorry that is not going to happen.

Good grief, is this the Spanish Inquisition? If somebody wanted to forge a drive, they'd just buy one - they sure as heck wouldn't ask sizes in a forum.

I wanted to know the size so I could look at a tape measure and determine if the product would be inconveniently large for me or not (and because I don't even know if there's a difference in size between the 32GB and 64GB versions). At the moment I don't even know the length of the product to the nearest inch -- it could be huge or tiny for all I know.

I'm buying online, I've not seen the product in person, and I can't even find a single photo next to an easily recognizable product (closest I came was pictures next to a Mario R/C car model whose size I also don't know). It's possible the 128GB drive might not be too big (thickness and length are my biggest concerns), but I'd like to know size and weight for all of them before I decide which (if any) to buy.

If this attitude of immediate suspicion is how Corsair generally treats potential customers though, I'm wondering if maybe I should just buy another brand. There's any number of consumer products -- flash drives included -- that clearly state their product dimensions on the manufacturer websites.

The product dimensions should be on the products page, however they were omitted for some reason.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6828&stc=1&d=1271786128

Thanks, that's great info. For those of us who use imperial measurements, I've just done the conversions for the Voyager GTR products:

Voyager GTR 32GB - 4.0" x 1.0" x 0.6"

Voyager GTR 64GB - 4.0" x 1.0" x 0.6"

Voyager GTR 128GB - 3.9" x 1.5" x 0.5"

From the reviews I'd never have realized the 128GB model was slightly shorter and less thick than the other models - I thought it was quite a lot bigger than it actually is. That's actually increased my interest in that model...! (For anybody else considering it, I've found a very good basis of comparison... The 128GB GTR drive is almost exactly the same width and thickness as a Zippo lighter, but about 2/3 longer - the Zippo's 2.3" long versus 3.9" for the 128GB GTR drive.)

Do you have the weights? And are all three units the same speed, or does the speed differ slightly / significantly between them? (In which case, which is the fastest?)

Thanks again for the help!

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry I do not have their weight, but all are less than 3 Oz in weight and the performance will be close to the same with some slight loss in performance with 32 and 64 Gig over the 128 Gig.

I am sorry I do not have their weight, but all are less than 3 Oz in weight and the performance will be close to the same with some slight loss in performance with 32 and 64 Gig over the 128 Gig.

Thanks, that tells me everything I need to know. I'm considering buying a couple (one for myself, and one for my wife), so I'll go look at prices and decide what to get. I'm thinking 128GB is likely for me, but I'd guess she'd prefer the smaller size, so will likely want a 64GB.

Your help is much appreciated!

I bought a Voyager GTR 32GB, and was surprised to see that it is significantly larger than all previous drives from the Voyager line. It's almost 25% greater in length and width! You can't tell this from the artwork/collateral for the product as it looks just like all previous Voyager models.

It sure would have been nice to have known it was larger!:sigh!:

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the Products page for Corsair Flash. No technical specifications whatsoever!

I had to find out from an old review that my current 4GB GT drive has 3.05" x 0.95" x 0.5".

I was considering the GTR 32GB, which at 4.0" x 1.0" x 0.6" would be 1" longer.

I'm asking the guys who tried both, is this the correct difference?

I'm shopping online so I don't have how to test the drive first.

Thank you.

Archived