Corsair Community

Can't run RAM at 1600 HELP!

britonk

Just built a new PC and the motherboard states it can run 1600 RAM when overclocked so I am using it with Corsair dominator 2X2GB. The full spec is:

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard

Corsair CMD4GX3M2B1600C8 ram

AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU

It runs at 1600 if I set the multiplyer to 8X but when I run anything dommanding the system crashes. I have voltages set to AUTO and the system ups them for me (it also ups the CAS latencys).

Can anyone help at all?

• 2 years later...

Hi, I want to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8GB but I still want to maintain the 1600 frequency. I can no longer buy this RAM to expand so can someone recommend what RAM I should use and what settings (per RAM GUYs post).

How am I supposed to know what settings to use when they are dramatically different from the SPD?

Thanks,

Brian

it is improper to combine 2 kits of ram, if you want 8 gig it is best to purchase a matched all in one package 8 gig kit.

i would use the newly improved memory finder link on the left to see all the may kits available for your board.

see everything below as to why mixing/combining ram is not suggested recommended or supported.

How am I supposed to know what settings to use when they are dramatically different from the SPD?
I'm not sure what you mean?

The timings and voltages that RamGuy gave you were the SPD settings for 1600mhz for those modules.

Run CPUz and look at the SPD tab. Then look all the way to the right under XMP.

Those are the SPD settings RAMGUY gave you

AMD systems do not support the XMP feature that sets the parameters for you. AMD you still use the same settings,just have to do that manually.

Archived