Corsair Community

ATTO Benchmark (2 p128 in raid 0 )

MickWizz

• Corsair Employees
Stripe Size is what I was looking for depends on the controller most call it stripe size, but I would try and do a quick format with 32K Allocation and see if the results are a little better.

• Corsair Employees
You would have to use another HDD to boot this system with the SSD as a second drive and just use Disk Manager in Windows to Quick format the SSD with 32k Allocation, then before you do the install just delete the partition and run the setup and it will do the rest for you. Or use Accronis to create an image of the drive to another drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I would suggest using Accronis to make and image of the drive (if you are using Windows) then use Parted magic to Wipe the drive under tools select Erase Disk and Secure Erase (you will have to break the RAID to wipe the drives) and then, install the drive on the system you will be using it as a second HDD and format it with the QUICK Option Only and 32k Allocation ( And use 128K Stripe for the raid) then test it with Atto again to be sure its running properly then delete the partition and image the drive back to its original image and you are done.

Archived