Corsair Community

Dell 9300 SODIMM from US but currently in India. Global Lifetime Warranty?

Dell 9300 SODIMM from US but currently in India. Global Lifetime Warranty?

I have 2 x 1GB RAM sticks on my Dell Inspiron 9300 that I bought from Newegg or ZipZoomfly.com (Cant remember which online store as of right now).

At the time I had run memtest / memtest86 / memtest+ etc and it was all good.

I believe I have lifetime warranty on them.

Just recently it showed errors several times, with BIOS, memtest and some other tools also marking bad memory.

Now, I am currently on assignment with my company in India handling stuff here and wont be back in the US for a bit.

What do I do? What can I do? What can you do to help me?

PS: I am currently operating out of Bombay / Mumbai in India.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Do I have to wait until I get back to the US / ship to the US locations you have or can I get this done in India / from an India location?

• 3 weeks later...
You would have to ship the failed item to one of our HUB's most likely in Netherlands or Taiwan.

Wow! I am surprised you guys dont have one in India. I see so much marketing and other info here, for India.

One of my family friends is coming down from the US to India. Now, I cant afford to be without the New RAM for such a long time.

Is there anyway that you guys can ship me the replacement in the US (uncles address that I can provide) and then I can send back the Old RAM with him to the US, which he will mail to you guys.

I know its not your standard operating procedure but I am concerned with turnaround times of me sending to you guys and then waiting to receive for a long time.

IIRC if you've bought a Corsair item in India there's a special RMA program, but since you've bought it from the USA it wouldn't apply, hence RMAing to one of the global depots.

If you're worried about a long turn around time apply for an RMA and ask if they can do an advanced RMA.

• Corsair Employees

And I am sorry but some regions are complicated to ship electronics in to and out of because of customs regulations and India is one of the places so a major distributor was selected in India to sell and service our products, however they will only take care of parts they sold in distribution. You are welcome to contact them and see if they can help but its up to them if they will honor the warranty since you did not purchase it from one of there resellers.

Inspan Infotech http://www.inspaninfotech.com +91 4432975580

Kobian http://www.kobian.com 65 63383368

Tirupati Enterprises http://www.tirupati.net +91 33 22251192

Archived