Corsair Community

HX850W PSU and Graphic card problem. Please Help!

Reza_3113

Hi :)

I just got my new HX850W PSU and installed it to my pc, but when i turn the computer on It will boot with one long beep and start the windows normaly, BUT there is no image on screen.

I sag with sure that windows booting normaly, but i dont see any picture on my monitor.

I tried to change the PSU with other PSU and it works just fine.

I dont understand what is the problem with my PSU.

I guess this PSU doesn't support my Graphic card which is Asus Geforce GT 7600.

Is it possible? what do you recommand me to do?

I just read on one website that, maybe PSU gives more or less power to my graphic card, so thats why i dont get any image. Is it true?

I hope you can help me as soon possible.

Best Regard, Reza.

• Corsair Employees

If the PSU turns on and stays on then I would not suspect the PSU is causing the problem. If possible, test your graphics card in a different system to make sure the card is not causing the problem. Also you may want to test your memory modules individually to help rule out a memory related problem.

If all else fails we can try replacing the PSU for you, just Request an RMA.

Hi Ram Guy

Thanks for your response to my question. :)

I did test the Video Card, Ram, Motherboard with another PSU and they working just fine.

I can also add that when i test the HX850W PSU for 2-3 times, Its working for only 0ne time and I get the screen on my monitor and its work normally until I restart or shutdown and turn on the PC again.

There is something with the PSU, but it also working, just without show me the screen.

Its wired and im just tired to test everything.

There is only one thing i didn't check yet and that is i dont have any Video Card with PCI_express which has a separate PCI_Power connection.

I'm guessing that maybe PSU gives much or less power to my Video Card so thats why motherboard doesn't recognize the video Card.

I will test it today and you will hear from me again.

• Corsair Employees
If possible you may want to see if you can duplicate the same issues with the PSU in a different system, that should tell you right away if its the PSU causing it. If thats not an option we can definitely try replacing it for you.

Same problem with my hx-850

No power to the gpu using the hardwired pci-e connectors.

posted my own thread and am awaiting response.

At least Corsair service seems to live up to their great reputation and this is this is the first problem I have ever had with any Corsair product. I'm just not looking forward to the inevitable down-time.

• Corsair Employees
I could not say with 100% certainty that the issue is being caused by the PSU, but its possible. I would see if you can narrow down any possibility that the issue has to do with the graphics card itself. If you are confident that the graphics card is not causing the problem, and you would like to have the PSU replaced, please Request an RMA.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same thing with my HX650:

After 3 months with no problems it booted win7 with sound but no video.

Turned it off and back on and it blew the socket fuse.

Did the paperclip test and failed.

Have my old PSU now back up running while the other one is being posted to Holland.

Seems to be a problem for the hx850.

Try hooking up the modular cables to the gpu and see if it shows video like it did for me. The hardwired pci cables on mine started not working. Using the included modular cables fixed the no video problem and I was able to determine that it was the sleeved pci-e cables that were not working properly. I rma'd about a month ago and am eagerly awaiting replacement.

Corsair is supposed to have some hx-850's in stock for warranty rma service on the 21s of may fyi.

Archived