Corsair Community

Corsair F200 Problems

Baboun

Hi,

I recently bought a corsair F200.

Happy with my purchase (7.4 score W7).

But on CrystalDiskMark and others benchmarks I get 90MB / s sequential write (instead of ~ 150MB/s http://images.tweaktown.com/content/3/1/3195_18.png)

And since now the pc is slow to start (few minutes - I have a C2Q 9550 and 4GB of PC6400 RAM).

I looked at the SMART error reporting, I see a lot of errors and a significant decrease of performances.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2614/ssdhdtune.png

I searched a solution on the internet, but in vain.

In fact, I found a clue. It appears that a small portion of SSD with a SF-1200 controller have been delivered with the A02 (beta version) firmware, instead of the latest version (A03).

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4678/ssdversion.png

I did'nt find the firmware or how to update.

So, I hope you can help me.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

There are no Firmware updates for this product, and I would suggest using ATTO to bench mark the drive.

If you want to stress test the drive you should use Bart BST514_Bart is the file name, BART Version 5.1.4.

• Corsair Employees
HD Tune Pro is old software and not optimized for SSD's and any information taken from them may or may not be useful. I would just ignore it and go by what ATTO shows for performance and if it will pass BART.

I had the same SMART errors with my F100 that came in yesterday. I did a secure erase with Gparted and the SMART errors disappeared and all is back to normal. I am not quite sure why, but perhaps the Force series are set a certain way at the factory and a secure erase before use should be recommended? This may solve a glut of support questions regarding this series. BTW, the performance is quite good, showing 280/252 in ATTO.

I would check the SMART info as reported by Crystal Disk Info (The newest version is 3.6.5). As RAM GUY posted earlier, many programs have no idea how to handle SMART info for a SSD. I have found CDI to report the most accurate (and believable) values. I hope that helps! My F100 shows no SMART errors in CDI.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're a MBP user after installing the disk, try resetting the PRAM... forgot who posted, but hold CMD, Option, P and R and wait for chimes (I waited for 5).

Much improved with Xbench of 333.22 instead of 246.78 before.

This was with various running apps too (albeit idle).

I think there's still room for improvement though, and I'd like to see how other SF1200 based units improve (especially those made by companies offering improved firmware and user upgrades).

It's a lot of cash to part with, so a little more Support for Mac Users would be nice.

1390165357_mbpwf200afterpramreset.png.14860104be4b6ab9e9408cb5e4bd2234.png

Archived