Corsair Community

Corsair R60 - TRIM - GC - question

Danny_IT

Good morning to all!

I received yesterday my first SSD, a beautiful Reactor 60Gb.

I installed my SO XP 32 bit, and I used some hours, my impression is only: very very fast.

I'm trying to understand how to keep this good performance in the future, and I read a lot about Trim, Garbage Collection, Diskeeper. And now my questions:

1) I understood that R60 got only Trim enabled and not GC and for XP user which is the best way to keep SSD performance in the future? Suggestion?

2) Is it better to install Windows 7 instead of XP to keep SSD performance? In this case, which version, 32 or 64 bit?

3) For XP user, an alternative to Windows 7 can be to use Diskeeper?

Thanks for your help, suggestion and comments :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees
1) I understood that R60 got only Trim enabled and not GC and for XP user which is the best way to keep SSD performance in the future? Suggestion?

A: Both Nova and Reactor have have TRIMand Garbage Collection enabled. So there should be no problems with WinXP or Vista, just you will need to align the drive prior to the O.S. installation.

2) Is it better to install Windows 7 instead of XP to keep SSD performance? In this case, which version, 32 or 64 bit?

A: Personal choice but Windows 7 is optimized for SSD so less preparation and Maintenance is required.

3) For XP user, an alternative to Windows 7 can be to use Diskeeper?

A: That drive has G/C so it is not required but Diskeeper has shown to maintain performance with SSD's in our tests.

Archived