Corsair Community

Performance appears to have tanked.

Corsair P128 CMFSSD-128GBG2D

Hello,

A couple of months ago I built a new PC with Win7 Ultimate 64bit, Core i7 920, 12GB of Corsair Ram, 1000 watt power supply, EVGA GTX 260 gfx cards in SLI, and an EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro MOBO. I purchased a regular SATA HD (Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM). Nothing great but a respectable system running around 7.2 on the windows experience index. The primary reason my score was so low was do to a low hard drive score. So, my friend talked me into getting an SSD. That's where Corair comes in :). After installing my drive and reinstalling my OS, my HD score dropped to a 5.9!!!! WTH. Is this drive faulty or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

bullworkz

Ignore the WEI ... it was primarily designed to test your computer for the ability to run windows vista - in particular the Aero themes. It's been debated many times about the validity of WEI - do a Google search on it and you will see how it is received by the IT community.

If you really want to benchmark your system for true performance then use standardised and accepted benchmark tools ;-)

• Corsair Employees

Yes it has been debated here on several threads.

As you can see, but if you do find any useful information please share it. To date I have not found anything from Microsoft or its partners that can give a reasonable explanation of how WEI Works other than its intended use as DavyC explained and as such should not be used to with any Validity to determine the over all system performance.

Archived