Corsair Community

HX1000W Power turns on, off then on again but no display

Exavier

Hi everyone, after a power outrage, when I press the on button, it turns on, then off, then on again but without display (it beeps and everything,) I can hear the HD working but no display whatsoever (It wasn't like this before the outrage, it was all normal)

I have a Asus Rampage Extreme II Mobo and 2 GTX285 EVGA cards, I unplugged everything and just left one memory and one VGA but still no luck. Tried to clear cmos, changed cmos battery, but no luck, I don't know what the problem is, and I don't have any other PSU to test, on the lcd poster of the Mobo shows everything is normal.

I really don't know what is going on, could it be the power supply in this case? but why does it turn on but no display? Please help!!!!

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
It sounds like the power outage must have damaged something. There is not enough evidence to prove that the PSU is the failure point, but if you would like to try a replacement you can Request an RMA. If testing the graphics cards and memory one at a time did not give you any different results then its got to be the PSU, motherboard, or CPU that is causing the problems.

Archived