Corsair Community

H50 Pump (Another one of thoese threads..)

vICARIOUS

Alright, Hi.

I've installed a H50 for a friend myself a few days ago. I plugged the 3pin into one of the 3pin connectors on the motherboard itself.

Reading from the BIOS, it was running the pump at around ~1390-1395 RPM. (Will you see an increase in cooling performance making it run at 1450 instead of the numbers i've put here?)

I'm not sure if his room is hot, though his IDLE temps: 35 33 32 29

To me, It doesnt seem bad, yet i see alot of people staying in the mid twentys, which is where i'd personally want to be to give more headroom for overclocking.

Now to the main part of the thread is that i'll be personally buying it myself aswell, so:

I'm going to have the H50 with a pushpull setup exhausting. I rather not have alot of dust inside my case, I've got extreme airflow, which means i doubt alot that it will mean a huge difference. Can anybody throw me some information on that part?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing another solution to getting the pump running at 1450 RPM (What it's supposed to run at, no?) - I saw somebody talking about a adapter so you can plug it directly to the PSU while having the monitoring on the motherboard. (This will -always- give it the 12v meaning that it will run close to the 1450 as it's supposed to, yes?)

Overall, I'd like anybody that has experience with having the H50 on exhausting (push/pull) instead of intaking (push/pull) - The cons of what i want to do is that still even though i have an extreme airflow case, I will have an slight increase in my temperatures, saying that how much are we talking? 2-3celcius or above 10celcius?

Thank you,

vICARIOUS

Definitely connect the pump either to the fan header on the MOBO for the CPU fan or directly to the PSU. Disable any fan speed controls on the PSU fan header if you use it. Be sure the pump is at 100% at all times. Also, keep in mind that your fan speed reporting may not be 100% accurate. So, don't worry about 1450. Just be sure that your pump is getting a full 12v that is not on a controller of any sort.

As for push/pull and intake vs exhaust, virtually every system will be unique. I suggest you test it both ways if you feel the need as other people's advice may not apply to this specific system.

Definitely connect the pump either to the fan header on the MOBO for the CPU fan or directly to the PSU. Disable any fan speed controls on the PSU fan header if you use it. Be sure the pump is at 100% at all times. Also, keep in mind that your fan speed reporting may not be 100% accurate. So, don't worry about 1450. Just be sure that your pump is getting a full 12v that is not on a controller of any sort.

As for push/pull and intake vs exhaust, virtually every system will be unique. I suggest you test it both ways if you feel the need as other people's advice may not apply to this specific system.

Did you type the bolded part correctly or did you mean the other way around? I understand that the BIOS may not be 100% accurate, I simply want to do this the simplest way possible and that would probally to attach the pump's 3pin onto a 3pin connector on the motherboard (Chassi_Fan3) for example. I've got the adapter for connecting it to the PSU, that's not a problem at all. I just want to know if makes anything difference at all.

Usually if it's connected there, it should get the 12v as it's supposed to and the BIOS wont fiddle around with PWM'ing it, yes?

(Sorry if i'm actually asking the same question, I simply just want to be sure)

Also, I understand that people may not have the same setup as i do. Though i'd be interested in hearing what difference it made for them changing it around. :-)

Thank you,

vICARIOUS

Yes, I suggest 1 of these 2 methods.

Alright, cheers Yellowbeard. I'll get on it and have it ready to go tomorrow.

Thank you,

vICARIOUS.

PS, If anybody still has any input on the exhaust (push/pull) instead of intake (push/pull) that would be nice!

Anyone?

vICARIOUS.

I've pre-ordered a 700D so I don't have any real time experience yet, but here are my 2 ideas- in both instances the H50 is a dual fan push/pull configuration:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Zeetocht/Corsairairflowthought-1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Zeetocht/Corsairairflowthought-2.jpg

As has already been suggested, I'm gonna try both and see which I get the best results with. I'm leaning more toward the first one because it looks to me like it's gonna provide better ventilation in the graphics card area.

I see your idea mate. I've got a 800D case myself. It's custom made, I've got 4 fans on the side pushing air in aswell. I cant fit the H50 in the rear though. I had to sacrifice it for the fans on the panel.

There for i had to go with the exhausting option at the top, I'm going to mount the H50 tomorrow, I'll see what temps ill get.

vICARIOUS.

Hello Corsair Folks!

I thought i'd report back some feedback on how it went. I've put the radiator in the middle of the 3 fans at the top, exhausting in a push/pull mode.

My idle temps: 30 31 30 28 - I plugged the 3pin from the pump into Chassi_Fan3, and voila 1435-1450 RPM (According to BIOS)

I'm extremely happy with these temps atleast, I'll do some Prime95 and then time to do some overclocking!

A pleased Corsair Customer,

vICARIOUS.

Edit: Edited alittle.

That's clearly covered in the rules in which you were directed to upon signing up. Please do not go around the filter again.

My bad then. I've deleted it, though i only wanted to share my expierences for anybody that may be in the same boat as me at some point.

No problem though,

vICAIROUS.

Archived