Corsair Community

TXEU950 PSU + Asus P5K SE freezes computer!

Dkstyle

Like another thread starter in this forum, I also started having major problems after with my computer after buying a new TX950 PSU and installing it.

Like the other thread starter I also have a ASUS motherboard, so it looks like there can be a problem with TX950 PSU and an ASUS motherboard ?

Sometimes my computer can work for 12-24 hours without any problems. But then suddenly it can either total freeze or re-boot without any error message or warning.

I investigated about any other possible cause of this problem, but it first started after installling the TX950 powersupply, and I can no longer see it be because of anything else.

So question is now. Do I really have to go buy another PSU of another brand, or is there a way to fix this ? Can I do a BIOS update or anything like that, or is it just a problem with the Corsair TX950 PSU's ?

Does me no good to have it just exchanged to another Corsair TX950 if its a problem they all have.. And I guess its not possible to just get my money back due to this problem ?

Anyone who can advice on how I should handle this problem ?

Thanksin advance.

• Corsair Employees
Please request an RMA and mention that you have already spoken with RAM GUY on the forum. Once you get the RMA number send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com and include a link to this thread along with your contact and shipping information and we will have our customer service provide you with some replacement options.

Thanks for the reply Ram Guy. But to be hornest I don't see the point of going through an RMA. I have to buy another PSU unit anyway, since I can not be without my computer for as long as it take you to deal with such an RMA case. And I risk just getting it back saying that nothing is wrong, since its limited to certain motherboards. Just not gonna waste my time and money on sending it around the world.

I went out and got myself a new PSU a couple of days ago(and not a Corsair!), and my computer have not froozen or re-booted since installing the new PSU. So the Corsair TX950W PSU WAS the problem without a doubt.

$175 wasted, eventhough I'll try to resell the PSU for 1/2 price to someone without an ASUS motherboard..

I'll not be buying a Cosair PSU again, thats for sure...

Archived