Corsair Community

cm3x2048-1333 12 gig issues

illustrick

ok, so i am currently running 6 gigs of the ram stated in the title and i have another 6 gigs i want to install, i am running an asus p6t mobo which can handle the up to 16, is all the extra ram installed not working cause it will fill all the slots? and by not working i mean when i boot it takes almost 15-20 mins to boot, where it should take mere seconds to boot. right now it boots in about 30-45 seconds with the 6 gigs.

is there something i need to change in the bios, like the voltage or timing to get all 12 gigs to run properly?

• Corsair Employees
Please manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24 and the memory voltage to 1.65v. Then go ahead and make sure the memory frequency is adjusted to 1333MHz. If 12GB is not being detected in the bios go ahead and test each kit individually to make sure both kits show 6GB.

Please manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24 and the memory voltage to 1.65v. Then go ahead and make sure the memory frequency is adjusted to 1333MHz. If 12GB is not being detected in the bios go ahead and test each kit individually to make sure both kits show 6GB.

i set that in the ai tweaker right? in which categories? there are like 12 categories in the first sec 4 in the second and like 12 more in the 3rd.

So to clarify, you have 3 pairs of TW3X4G1333C9DHX, and ll 6 sticks are version 2.3?

yeah, right now i have 3 of the stick running, for a total of 6 gigs, and i have 3 more sticks that i want to add. for a total of 12 gigs. all of which are version 2.3

Archived