Corsair Community

How to find model number for RMA

Rutter

I have a 1GB stick of RAM that was recently bought that now fails a memtest86+, I am trying to fill in the RMA but I am not sure of the model number of the RAM.

There are no stickers on the RAM and all the codes on the board itself dont seem to match any in the list.

Does anyone know anyway of finding out, from software or util?

Thanks For Your Help

Rutter

there is a standalone version of cpu-z that can be run from a usb stick if you get the UBCD to run, have you tried windows in safe mode?

can you post a pic?

also there is no test to run, its just an info app. im not being a wise guy, was it cpu-z or memtest?

For a small computer retailer in the UK.

Sorry if the RAM is in the PC, after about 2 mins of being up it just powers off.

I will try running it from the UBCD.

I thought that about the labels, but all the modules have corsair stamps on them.

The codes on the modules say -

64M8BDAG

PRA1100828

Please see the attached pictures.

http://www.crutter.co.uk/images/mempic1.jpg

And other side

http://www.crutter.co.uk/images/mempic2.jpg

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but they will need the label for the warranty to be valid. We may have sold the memory IC's to another manufacturer or OEM'ed the modules in which case the warranty would be from the place of purchase. I would contact the reseller and see what they say, if they will not or cannot help you then I can only suggest you contact our customer service and see if they can use the invoice as proof of purchase.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump what appears to be a dead thread, but I had a similar issue and figured there was no need to create a new thread. I have a 2x2 GB kit of Corsair RAM, but the sticker appears to have fallen off. The sticks are no good (ran memtest which got errors almost immediately).

I realize that without proof of purchase, Corsair can't do much about it. However, I know when I bought the kit. I bought it at Fry's in either Jan or Feb 2010. I know this because I got a mail in rebate on that kit of RAM. My rebate tracking number ID was 15477484. It appears to be dead now, but I was hoping Corsair might have a database in order to verify the validity of this. I can provide my confirmation email if necessary.

Here are the pictures of the RAM:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff429/RySeanD/2011-09-04_17-37-17_882.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff429/RySeanD/2011-09-04_17-37-07_159.jpg

I'd really like to RMA the kit if possible, but I'm not sure what information to put on the RMA form since I don't remember the model of the kit.

Thanks!

No, I'm afraid not :-( It was an in store purchase rather than an online one. I can probably find a credit card statement that shows a purchase at Fry's on that date, but it wouldn't list the items purchased.

The only other record I have is what I mentioned before, which is the confirmation emails for my mail in rebate.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but our warranty policy is very clear about this and there is nothing I can do from Tech support. But if you have proof of purchase then you can contact that reseller and see if they can help you or if they will not you can try our customer service but with our the label our hands are tied in Tech support..

Exclusions

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Wear and tear associated with normal use

Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair

Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)

Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions

Connection to any improper voltage supply

Use of consumables, such as replacement batteries, not supplied by Corsair, except where such restriction is prohibited by applicable local law

Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Also excluded from this warranty are counterfeit products; that is, products that Corsair, at its sole discretion, determines were not manufactured by Corsair or any of its authorized manufacturing partners.

Archived