Corsair Community

Cmx6gx3m3a1600c9 @ 1600

tsunami2311

Ok I have CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 x3 for 6gbs and I have Evga x58 SLI LE (System BIOS Date 10/30/09)

And When I try to get this ram to run at 1600 MHZ it will report 4Gbs @ 1600 but if I reboot after the first Boot of the day it seem to report as 6gbs @ 1600

First boot of day Win 7 reports 6gbs 3.99gb usable

If I restart Win 7 will Report 6gbs

Right now XMP 1 profile and memory speed set to 1600 I have Dimm Volt at 1.65 pretty much everything else is On auto, Voltage wise, Even when I put the Timings in for this memory

from Everest

Profile Name Enthusiast (Certified)

Memory Speed DDR3-1600 (800 MHz)

Voltage 1.65 V

@ 800 MHz 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 41-88-2-6-12-6-6 (RC-RFC-CR-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

its seemed to have an initial boot of 4gbs @ 1600 and all restart of system with out acutal shutting down after then seem to report 6gb @ 1600 but then even that seem random, I have noticed if I put XMP 1 profile on and make dimm speed 1333 it seem to pick on 6gbs fine, is maybe one of the dimms failing at 1600?

And what would the be called on Evga board? I have QPI PLL Vcore is that it?

I have this stuff in voltage

Cpu pll Vcore "by Volts"

Cpu VTT volatage "By mVolts"

QPI PLL Vcore "by volts"

and how i suppose to know by how much it should be? in conjunction with the Dimm volt which is 1.650

I have tried Qpi PLL volt from 1.250 to 1.400 and it would seem doing that does indeed make it pick up 6gbs @ 1600mhz alot more often but there is still that one random boot that it picks up 4gbs @1600hz

So I updated my bios to most recent revision like the TSX reponse told me and now no matter how much I mess with QPI volt It will not pick 6Gb@ 1600 it always 4gb@1600

• Corsair Employees

We are more than happy to replace the modules however it still may be the CPU memory controller dropping one of the channels. See the link below to get the memory replaced.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

hmm ok, I noticed there is advance replacement which what I would need, if cant get the store to replace it with the warranty, i bought with the pc parts. Lest say I do rma threw you cause they don't have ram that is listed as compatible with the board, would Corsair RMA this ram with ram that is compatible with my board if I payed the difference between the ram I am RMA and other ram?

Archived