Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and Corsair CMX1024RE - 3200

RastaPasta

Hello:

At the moment I can't afford to build a new PC, however, I do need to replace my motherboard (and upgrade my hard drives as well).

I have been using an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe board with Corsair CMX 1024RE-3200 memory without any problems (Windows XP 32 bit SP3 Operating system). I still might be able to find the motherboard in new condition (or close to it), but can't say for certain. The board (as well as the Corsair memory) are no longer in production.

Have I been using the correct memory with this motherboard? It was what ASUS recommended that I use, and so it's what I bought... but after reading some of the information in these forums I'm not so sure.

I just want to make certain that my motherboard and memory are compatible... I've tried to find information on the web, but haven't been able to find anything definitive.

I hope that someone will post an informative reply, and I thank you in advance for taking this issue into consideration.

Not recommended. The memory that you have is registered ECC memory - but although the Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 processor's memory controller does support ECC memory, it does not support registered memory. Only unbuffered modules may be used with your motherboard and processor.

Archived