Corsair Community

Dell 630i

k9fancier

I have a Dell 630i with the original Dell provided stock memory (non-Corsair); 8GB. Recently, Dell has offered TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX as a performance upgrade. Naturally, Dell's price is a bit higher than is being offered elsewhere. However, in looking elsewhere one comes across

1. TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX (what Dell offers on its site)

2. TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX (in addition to the above, what Amazon and Corsair offer)

3. TWIN2X4096-6400C5CXMS2 (ditto above #2)

However, Corsair's Memory Configurator doesn't mention any of those but instead:

4. VS2GB667D2 or

5. VS2GBKit6672D2

which are value offerings but are different from and unrelated to what Dell suggests is a compatible offering or what is implied at Amazon. While it may make no difference at all, it is at best confusing and at worst annoying. And, I might note, I have seen nothing from the RAMGuy on this particular issue -- inconsistency between the Corsair Configurator and the machine vendor.

The Question then: Which is the appropriate or best choice. (Oh yeah, and recently Amazon was offering an 8GB Corsair Kit but that seems to be no longer available anywhere --even if it might have been a contender.)

So, given the components of the Dell 630i and the current stock 8 GB memory, what is the best choice?

Archived