Corsair Community

New low wattage Corsair power supply?

Alexander01

Hello,

I'm looking for a 200-250 watt PSU for a HTPC. I use alot of audio stuff and I always liked the clean power output with low ripple that Corsair PSU's have. Is there any chance that Corsair will release a lower wattage PSU in the CX series (something like CMPSU-200CX or CMPSU-250CX) with the same low ripple but with a quieter fan (300-400rpm at low load) and 80+ Bronze certified? I think there is a huge market for such low powered quality PSU's these days. More and more people have low powered Home Servers and HTPC's. There is a huge gap in low wattage high effeciency/quality PSU's for this market.

• Corsair Employees

I am not aware of any plans for a lower wattage PSU, but the first place you would see an annoucement for one would be on our blog or press release on our website.

In reality, the only difference between our CX400 and a unit that you describe, may be the way its rated and advertised.

In reality, the only difference between our CX400 and a unit that you describe, may be the way its rated and advertised.

But also higher efficiency at low loads (with a 250watt 80+ Bronze it will be 82% at 50watt instead of +/- 70% on the CX400) and a alot quieter with a fan running at 300-400rpm. Combine this with a very clean output with low ripple and you have a very good PSU for the HTPC/Homeserver market. But if I understand you right there are no plans for new PSU's or a CX400 refresh?

Archived