Corsair Community

16MB Intel Extreme SO58DX

cesar0308

Hi all im a newbee to this Forum. I have an Intel Extreme Board which max. memory is 16MB. I upgraded to Xeon Processor because Im converting it to a workstation. My question is how can I configure the memory to reach the 16MB. Any feedback would be helpful

Hi all im a newbee to this Forum. I have an Intel Extreme Board which max. memory is 16MB. I upgraded to Xeon Processor because Im converting it to a workstation. My question is how can I configure the memory to reach the 16MB. Any feedback would be helpful

Actually, with that motherboard you're better off using only three modules for a total of 12GB. Unfortunately, 4GB unbuffered non-ECC modules (which are the only type the X58 chipset supports) cost at least 50 percent more per GB than 2GB unbuffered non-ECC modules. Filling up all four slots with memory modules would force the memory controller to operate in an imbalanced triple channel + single channel mode, which increases the total memory controller latency and thus slows down overall system performance.

Corsair does not currently offer a 12GB triple-channel kit with only three modules.

Archived