Corsair Community

How to Restore Corsair SSD performance WITHOUT erasing/reformatting/gpart

Aleena

I've been trolling these forums the past few days trying to find trim support and ways to restore performance, and alot of the threads suggest creating an image and restoring the image after wiping/re-partitioning the drive.

One thread someplace suggested that we just use the wiper utility for the indilinx controller based ssds to manually trim the drive from time to time. I tried it yesterday with really good results on my X32.

So, I was wondering - why isn't it mentioned as prominently here in a sticky (where there's now a sticky that lists a fairly time consuming an involved way to restore performance). I just run the utility on a drive that still has data on it, it takes about a minute and I'm done.

I downloaded the wiper utility from another mfg that also uses indilinx controllers on their SSDs (you guys should post a version here, too I think). It's a much faster process and alot less painful. No making isos or formatting or rebooting or repartitioning, etc.

Or am I missing something here?

There's no records of any other posts ever existing in this thread other than what you see.

oh, thats wierd, I'm certain I posted in this thread saying he should link it and that there is no reason that I can see not to, other than of course it not being an endorsed corsair software, its not like its a commercial for another product, its just software

• Corsair Employees

Any Admin can see any posted deleted or other wise in a thread and there have been no posts deleted in this thread.

You are welcome to try anything you like but we cannot allow suggestions that may VOID the warranty of our product to stay public. For obvious reasons.

Archived