Corsair Community

Twin2x4096-6400c5c

DHayesJr

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF and want to install 4GB of memory into it. I used the memory finder and it came up with TWIN2X4096-6400C5, and I went to the Amazon.com site to purchase, and it referenced a newer product TWIN2X4096-6400C5C, which I purchased. I then went to the Dell website to download the user manual to ensure that I placed the new memory in the correct slots, and the specs referenced within the User Guide indicate that it does not support 2GB memory boards at 800MHz. I started to panic and went back to Amazon.com to reread the info - and it appears in some places that the TWIN2X4096-6400C5C is a single 4GB board and other places two 2GB boards.

Can you confirm if TWIN2X4096-6400C5C is a kit of two 2GB boards, and if it is compatible with a Dell Optiplex 745 SFF (Key=4WKK6C1). I just ordered them today and Amazon can not cancel order, so I'm waiting on a response here and will not open Amazon's package until I hear back, otherwise I can return them to Amazon and reorder a compatible memory product.

Product ordered and in question: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027P9C9G/ref=oss_product

Thanks,

Dwight

Archived