Corsair Community

2 Kits of TR3X3G1333C9

Schwiggy

Hi all,

Last year sometime I built up my system with only 1 kit of 3GB XMS3 DDR3 1333 because I was only running XP and at the time did not really intend on upgrading to a 64bit OS.

The system runs great with the 3 sticks set to 1333, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, so I decided I also wanted to bump up my RAM to 6GB. So I picked up another kit of the same RAM.

When the 6 sticks of this RAM are set to 1333, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V it passed a 24hr memtest+ with no errors. So I go into windows and start to go about my business. Turns out however, that the second any sort of load is put on the system it will crash. I tried upping the voltages to 1.65V, tried relaxing the timings... but nothing will work.

If I set everything to auto, it reads the RAM as 1066 and the system preforms just fine. Now I'm content with this, but I'm just sort of wishing I had it running at the speed its meant to.

So if anyone has any suggestions, or has any experience with 6gb (6x1gb) of XMS3 DDR3 1333 RAM, please let me know.

PS. In case my sig does not show up, I have an Asus P6T deluxe motherboard, latest BIOS. Core i7 920.

Archived