Corsair Community

H50 not performing after 1 month

Nademan

I have installed 2 H50's in the last month and at first they performed very well keeping our temperatures at about 88f. 1 cpu is a Q9650 and the other and I7 920 and now they are both running at about 103f. Has anyone else had these issues? I'm ready to RMA them and send them back. btw they are both installed per manufactureres specs and are both blowing in.

LOL, that would be a pretty noob mistake but no I was just really impressed with the original temps that we had for about a week and now they are about 18 degrees hotter.

http://www.ngs-squad.com/images/temps.jpg

Things that I would check for;

1) Dust buildup on the radiator (look at your air intake port, if there is dust there, than it is likely that there is dust buildup on the radiator (boundary layer theory)). I'm a smoker, so I'm always fighting the dust buildup problem, it's real and will affect the cooling performance. Been there, done that.

2) Any changes in case components or constrictions that would change the initial internal airflow and intake/exhaust airflow patterns.

3) Has your ambient room temperatures changed at all (i. e. warmer now than in the past)? I've noticed almost a 1:1 change in CPU temps with changes in ambient room temperature.

4) I'm assuming that both pumps are still at their ~1,400 RPM speeds. Absolutely no "strange" sounds coming from either pump.

5) All retaining ring screws are snug as snug can be?

• 4 weeks later...
LOL, that would be a pretty noob mistake but no I was just really impressed with the original temps that we had for about a week and now they are about 18 degrees hotter.

http://www.ngs-squad.com/images/temps.jpg

Whats the name of this program in the screenshot?

Archived