Corsair Community

Asus P5Q and 2 x TWIN2X4096-8500C5C = BSOD

arif

Hello,

I purchased 8Gig (2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5C) memory for my Asus P5Q Motherboard. I currently have TWIN2x2048-6400 which work with no problems at all.

Ever since I put the new modules in I constantly get BSOD when loading my current installation of windows 7 x64 and also when trying to install windows 7 x64 fresh. The only time I don't get BSOD is when I load up windows in Safe mode.

I ran memtest 4.0 and it had no errors after 4 passes. I tried setting the BIOS to 5-6-6-18 and also switching the memory type to DDR2-800 & DDR2-1066 but neither settings resolved the issue. BIOS didn't have option to set voltages.

The memory configuration tool on corsair seems to say it is compatible with my MB but I am really stuck as to what's going on. I have a few days to return this memory to the vendor. I would appreciate it if someone here can assist me otherwise I may need to return these ASAP.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Go ahead and update to the latest bios on the board and then load defaults. Then go ahead and set the timings to 5-6-6-18-2T(CAS - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - Command Rate) and set the memory voltage to 2.1v. Then set the memory frequency to 800MHz since you are running 4 up. Please let us know if you are still having issues with memtest and which tests you get errors in.

• 1 month later...

Registered to say I have the same issue with an ASUS P5QL (no dashes afterward, non-Pro) motherboard and TWIN2X4096-8500C5C running Windows 7 64-bit. The computer BSODs with random errors during or shortly after booting into windows.

I was previously running the 32-bit Windows 7 RC with this memory, and didn't notice any problems.

The board is now updated to the newest bios (0605), with defaults loaded. The errors happen while running at 800mhz 5-6-6-18-2T@2.1V.

I have RMA'd one set of TWIN2X4096-8500C5C already, and the new set shows the same problem using one or both modules. No errors from memtest, either. Any advice? Thanks.

Archived