Corsair Community

PSU : causing hissing sound at shutdown ??

REMA1

hello ....I got this reply from Gigabyte<

QUOTE " Hi,

This sounds like a problem with the power supply. Please try another power supply if possible.

Best regards

GIGABYTE-team Scandinavia " UNQUOTE

REGARDING THIS

Hello, when I shut down windows I get a hissing sound through the speakers (I have tried with other speakers and I get the same sound). It almost seems to happen when windows has shut itself off. It only usually lasts for 2 seconds and ocassionally I haven't had the sound at all.

I have the latest audio drivers installed (using onboard sound). The monitor is a DEll ST2410 model and I connect to the graphic-card via HDMI cable . My Audio setting in thr Dell screen menu is set to LINE OUT SOURCE : PC AUDIO and POWER SAVE AUDIO is : OFF

I have also had the noise when I have used a DVI cable.

Have you any suggestions

Thanks in advance.

My DDR# RAM is currently set a t 1.755 v ( kingston HyperX 999-24 I think they are and voltage is advertised at 1.7 to 1.9 V....these seem to be stable)

Is there a mobo setting I am missing ?

Thanks for any input ( My prime concern is that no harm is coming to the system ...the system was bench tested before being installed)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model Name : GA-790XTA-UD4(rev. 1.0)

--------------------------

M/B Rev : 1.0

BIOS Ver : f2

Serial No. :

Purchase Dealer :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VGA Brand : ATi Model : 5770 1gb

CPU Brand : AMD Model : 965 be Speed : 3.4

Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :

Memory Brand : Kingston Type :

Memory Size : 4 gb Speed : 1600

Power Supply : 750 corsair W

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Could it be a PSU problem ???? Seems a bit strange to me.............

thanks for any suggestions

Hello RAM GUY,

I have loaded win7 in safe mode 3-4 times now (no audio drivers loaded...guess this is normal) and I have NOT heard the sound.

Does this suggest that its an audio problem? Could it be a loose connection ...The case came with a fan controller inbuilt for 4 inbuilt fans and I know one of the fan connectors had a loose female socket that pushed out when trying to connect the male pins....but I managed to sort it...

Thanks for any advice

(the noise isn't of great concern except I don't know if it's a sign that something is wrong...as I say sometimes it will close down without the sound.)

I've noticed the sound seems to happen just as the screen turns off into rest state and just before the fans stop moving. Lasts 2-4 seconds.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I have re-seated the Ram and checked all the connections to mobo and fans...all seem ok with the connections---I still have the annoying "white/static" noise at shutdown though :-(

I plug my PC and speakers etc into a surge protection socket array...can this have any influence .

What is puzzling me most is why mootherboard manufacturer automatically said it was a PSU problem...they didn't ask me any further questions...I have googled this till my eyes themselves feel GÖÖGLED :-)

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello as a follow on the above I have posted this elsewhere(see below),

and wonder if you have seen the problem ...I have run memtest86+ on both stick in ( as recommended by the Ram supplier)with zero errors.... Just wondered if it could be a PSU problem (TX750) ?

I suspect that it may be a WINdows problem/driver problem (I run Win7 64 bit) ...Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem and if a solution has been found?

My temps seem fine CPU hitting up to 45C and Graphic-card up 57C playing AvP or COD 4....these quickly plummet when i stop as I have 6 case fans and of course the PSU fan...the fans are regularily clean of dust...

Googling finds many similar issues but no real answers.....Just hate to re-new everything to find that it was a known hardware issue so I am posting this in other manufacturers forums..

"Hello all :-) don't know if hardware or software--please move post if neccessary..thanks

I have seen this problem posted elsewhere(googled) but found no solution and various explanations. Wondered if anyone has an answer..Thanks

My rig ..self build AMD Phenom IIx4 965 BE (Denab) present temp 35C

*** 5770 Radeon 1GB , 4(2x2 sticks) ******** DDR3 RAM ,**640 black HDD,

Gigabyte GA-790XTA_UD4 motherboard.

PC TowerNXZT Lexa S has 4 fans that came with tower and are connected to a fan controller (one of the connection was a liitle loose ...the 3 pins But I have checked that it went in ok) and 1 I fitted later.

Cpu has a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU cooller.

Win 7 64 bit

All Temps seem fine.

I have mentioned before that I sometimes get a hissing sound through speakers as pc shuts down.

The issue is random shutdown and re-starts....whilst playing games or whilst surfing net and playing music on spotify for example.

Last report I got was ::

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-04-28T20:44:05.590021100Z" />

<EventRecordID>45694</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>FamAKED-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">209</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xfffff80002f7d665</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x2</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x8</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffff80002f7d665</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I have had another 11 reports dating from 26 feb 2010

NOTE 8 of these(including the 7 prior to above report shows

BugcheckCode">0</ and the other Bugcheck Parameters as 0 (Zero) Copy see Below:::

the other two report are Bug check 59 and are a little different But date from 28 feb and 1st march 2010

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-04-26T16:57:37.591619300Z" />

<EventRecordID>44242</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>FamAKED-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

ANy help appreciated

thanks PS any recoomended software to monitor HDD temp ??

Archived