Corsair Community

Mixing TWINX2048-3200C2PT with CMC2GX1M2A400C3 okay?

Infested Adam

Greetings, this is my first time on this forum and would greatly appreciated any help that can be offered. I've already tried the search function in regards to my motherboard but is not sure if what I found is directly related to my situation.

I currently have two 1 gig sticks of the TWINX2048-3200C2PT installed in my computer. As of late I am considering upgrade to another two 1 gig sticks but unfortunately I cannot find any vendors who still carry that specifiy product. I used Corsair Memory Finder and found the CMC2GX1M2A400C3 popped up as well as compatible RAM.

As far as I know they are both the same memory type being DDR-400 (XMS-3200C2) and the same size, vortage and latency. Even with these similaries I am worry if there's any adjusting or negative side effets of mixing these two RAM. The fact that they have the same specs but different names also confuses me.

Is it possible for me to mix these two RAM without any adjusting or negative side effects and if so what can I do on my end to remedy any potential problems besides buying the CMC2GX1M2A400C3 twice?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
There are no guarantees when mixing and matching modules together. Similar modules may or may not function properly in a particular system. You will most likely need to end up slowing the memory down the 333MHz and timings to 3-3-3-8.

Archived