Corsair Community

JiDAk.eXE crashes Voyager 64GIG on opening on Windows XP

dianajhunter

I picked up a virus from the students’ computers in an inner city school. Therefore I reformatted my Corsair Voyager flash drive. I thought that would solve the problem. However, on my PC (Windows XP Pro 32 bits) when using the open a file using “programs on the device” I get the error: Windows cannot find ‘JiDAK.eXE. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.” Then it has crashed and I am unable to open the drive. Anti-virus software got rid of jidak.scr but I still run into problems with this JiDAK.eXE How do I get rid of this error? Some people thought maybe I deleted one of the programs used to open files on this flash drive. If so, how can I get any needed files?

Please move this post if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks so much.

Yes, the full formatting wiped out everything on the drive. However, I still have to copy some of those same files from school and have to use the flash drive for that. I have run the flash drive through anti-virus again and there does not seem to be any virus to be removed. That does not stop this problem. The anti-virus program did flag a related file called jidak.scr so I had the anti-virus program to get rid of that one but it does not recognize the jiDAk.EXe as a virus so it will not remove it. Is the jiDAk.EXe a program built in to the flash drive to open files? I have searched for more on this latter file but did not find it as a file that I needed to download. Thanks for your help.

Thanks. I deleted it and that looks like it works. When I went to delete it, I could not find it as a file. I think it was a virus and the perpetrator stuck JiDAk.eXE as part of the code for autorun.inf I found that I had 3 instances of the JiDAk.eXE in each of the files labeled autorun.inf This is because I have to copy my students' art files on to my flash drive each week to grade them. I will alert the school techie and see if he can delete these files so this will not happen again. Many thanks.

Archived