Corsair Community

Stop Errors After Installing TX750W

tedweiss

Hi,

I am have been getting windows stop errors ever sense I installed this new power supply. XP starts, but only lasts about 30 minutes before the stop error occurs. I have eliminated all hardware as being the issue - memory, hard drive, video card, etc. The pc has been up for years until the old hard drive failed without issue. I have done a clean install of the OS as well. The only thing different is the PSU and problems started 30 minutes after installation was completed. The main error has been 0x000000F4, but have also sporadically received 0x0000007A. Please help - my system has been unstable for a month now and I have not found anything in your forums to explain this issue.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I am not sure I could explain how the PSU could cause your system to give you stop errors after 30 min or so. Normally a defective PSU will give you very consistent issues. I would see if you can duplicate the same issues when running in safe mode. Also, if you have not run it yet, I would run http://www.memtest.org and make sure you do not get any errors. If all else fails then you can use the "Request an RMA" link on the left of this page and we can try getting it replaced for you.

Archived