Corsair Community

will memory upgrade work in HP?

Joel88

Would the TWIN2X4096-6400C5C (Corsair XMS2 4GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory Upgrade - 2x2048MB) memory work (well) in my HP Pavilion Ultimate d4999t (Prod KT829AV#ABA Sn:MXU8170377, Motherboard Name: ASUS: IPIBL-TX, HP: Burbank-GL8E).

I could not find that model on your memory finder. The specks look correct, the most important being the 1.8volts. Since I can not, appearently, adjust the voltage, I must stick with 1.8v. Also would my current 2 sticks of 1G each be useable with the new Corsair memory?

(i hope this is in the correct place to ask such a newbe question, but Corsair does not have any way else to contact them ... not a good sign)

thank you...

• Corsair Employees
If you are going to upgrade to a 4 GB kit I would highly recommend the VS4GBKIT667D2 kit for your HP. As far as running the modules currently in there as well as these it may cause an issue and I would recommend you only run one kit and not mix and match.

If you are going to upgrade to a 4 GB kit I would highly recommend the VS4GBKIT667D2 kit for your HP.

This is true with an OEM system which does not like running memory at any speed other than the true clock speed of the processor's Front-Side Bus (FSB). For an FSB1333 processor like the Q9450, whose actual FSB clock speed is 333MHz, this means using only DDR2-667 memory (which also runs at a true 333MHz) for your system. Running memory at 400MHz (the true clock speed of DDR2-800 memory) may cause stability issues on some OEM computer systems.

Archived