Corsair Community

HX 650 making hissing sounds

edmundpau

So around 1-2 days ago, I purchased a HX 650 for my computer. When I started running some benchmarking programs as well as games, such as 3dmark06 and Dirt 2, my powersupply would start making a "hissing sound". When I place my hand behind the air vents on the back, it feels very hot, and seems that it is overheating. However, when i take out my graphics card, the Radeon 5850, the hissing stops. :confused:

Should I return and exchange for another powersupply? Or is there something i can do to fix this?

Thank you.

I have the same issue my friend and it is very annoying. I also own a TX-750W for over a year with a Radeon 5850 and C2Q running oc'ed which is absolutely superb and inaudible compared to HX-650 which is priced equal. HOWEVER the HX-650 is installed into a silent system with:Q9550,4GB DDR2, X38DQ6, Sapphire 4670 Ultimate Passive into a fanless PC case and the "hissing" ,which actually looks like something is frying into the PSU, drives me mad!!! Its the 3rd day i have this PSU. i cannot understand why this noise and i'm not benching at all. Should we worried about that dear Corsair?

Archived