Corsair Community

Unable to update firmware P128

onlymiah

I cannot get Win7 x64 Pro to install on my new SSD. This is a brand new system. I tried twice and it stops cold in the same place both times. It unpacks everything to the SSD, installs, reboots, choose the proper screen resolution, then it sticks right there. Before anybody suggests that it is something else causing the problem...I tried to install Win7 on a standard HDD...and it installed flawlessly. It is the SSD. I tried to update the firmware but just get a big error message...see my post in the forum "Unable to update firmware P128"

Can anybody help me with this??

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
I cannot update the firmware on my SSD. I get the error below...

A: That would suggest there is a TSR loaded or you are not using the correct O.S. to boot the system. What O.S. are you using and how do you make the Boot Drive?

Unable to install Win7 x64 on P128

I cannot get Win7 x64 Pro to install on my new SSD. I tried twice and it stops cold in the same place both times. It unpacks everything to the SSD, installs, reboots, choose the proper screen resolution, then it sticks right there. Before anybody suggests that it is something else causing the problem...I tried to install Win7 on a standard HDD...and it installed flawlessly. It is the SSD. I tried to update the firmware but just get a big error message...see my post in the forum "Unable to update firmware P128"

A: How did you prepare the drive? Did you have a partition on the drive and or formatted? And how did you format the drive? What did you have the HDD Controller set to in the BIOS?

Remarkable - same exact problem.

You need to change your SATA controller on your motherboard from SATA mode to AHCI mode. You will also find that the drive runs faster.

BTW, if you already have an OS on an SSD drive, you cant go to AHCI mode. The system will not boot. You must install the OS while the drive is in AHCI mode.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I followed the steps outlined in one of your threads to create a bootable memory stick and booted the computer with that. (Win98). Then the autoexec.bat took over and started scanning for the P128. After sometime the error message came up. The SATA was connected to port 4 of the SATA connector on the motherboard. I am using a GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard with the latest Bios (updated two days ago). The SATA is set to AHCI mode too.

Can anyone tell em what is going wrong here? I have two more intel SSD where the firmware update goes without any issues.

I have also tried with SATA drives set to IDE it simply does not work. I get the same screen as ONLYMIA has posted.

It keeps on scanning and then bumps off with the same error (access violation). Have tried with different SATA connections (0-4) on board and still the same.

Tried with AHCI too no way I could get this firmware upgraded. The drive gets detected by the BIOS as well as WIN7.

Are you sure the DSDR posted in your website is the latest and the correct version? Why don't you also post the bootdisk file too (that works).

You need to change your SATA controller on your motherboard... to AHCI mode. BTW, if you already have an OS on an SSD drive, you cant go to AHCI mode. The system will not boot. You must install the OS while the drive is in AHCI mode.

Not completely true.

This link will take you to instructions for converting an existing IDE installation to AHCI.

Archived