Corsair Community

Large crack in side panel window, RMA eligible?

trond

When I initially got my Obsidian 800D, the side panel window had a couple of small cracks around one of the mounting bolts. I suspect the nut must have been overtightened. It wasn't visible from outside of the case (only from the back of the panel) so I didn't think much of it. However, as the window and side panel is quite wobbly, one of the cracks have expanded every time I've taken the panel off. And it's still expanding, the window being very brittle. The crack now reaches almost one third into the window. It looks awful.

Would this be eligible for RMA? Perhaps I should have been more careful while taking off the panel and handling it, but the root of the problem (root of the crack so to speak) were already there when I got it.

Well, I did file for a RMA five days ago, but I never heard anything back from that? That's why I wondered what the consensus was. Anyway, yesterday I sent photos and all info to that email so hopefully someone will look at it.

Here's from the back of the panel, if anyone's curious:

panel_back.thumb.jpg.42d8247a2235a9dfc5a2f48a53c9c9e2.jpg

• Corsair Employees
NP I love that case too its one of the best cases I have worked with and I have seen a lot of them. Maybe I am biased but that is how I feel about it. I have gave away cases that most would drool to have so I do have an idea what I am saying here, and no offense to any one else's case.

I thought I'd post that the matter is resolved! Thanks for your help, RAM GUY.

I can add that I am actually in a complete state of positive shock. I got a confirmation email two days ago, unfortunately no window side panels were available for the time being, so one had been booked, but ETA was unknown. No complaints from me, that's as professional as can be.

Totally unexpected, the panel showed up on my doorstep today. Express shipping no less and exceptionally well packaged too.

I am very impressed by how this turned out. Full kudos to Corsair in every way possible.

Archived