Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 and Asus M4A79XTD EVO won't POST

Padre653

:(:Please HELP!! I have a brand new M4A79XTD EVO Rev.1.02G with: -AMD Phenom II 955BE C3 -XFX Radeon HD 5770 -Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 (2 sticks of 2G) -Antec Earth Watt EA-650 650watt PS. At first, the board just wouldn't run the memory at the correct rates (no big problem) and would every one in a while reboot on its own. Now, the board won't even POST. The HD light comes on, the CD ROM light flashes, the keyboard lights go on then go out and back on again. I can hear the VC fan speed up and slow down over and over again. It's like the board keeps resetting on its own. If I remove both sticks of memory, the board reports a memory error (1 beep then 2 beeps). If I remove the video card, the board reports a video card error (1 beep then 3 beeps). If I try one memory stick or the other on thier own I still don't get a POST. (I have tried all 4 memory slots) Please help!!!

• Corsair Employee
It sounds like you are having an issue with something with the motherboard if you are getting no beeps when everything is installed. I would recommend testing the board without anything else except for the video card, cpu, cpu heatsink,1 stick of memory, and power connections to see if some other device is causing the issue.

Okay, I removed the Q-Connector completely and plugged the jacks directly to the motherboard. I have rechecked all power connections. I have installed a new 1 Gig memory sim. I have tried a second power supply I had from my previous system. I have removed all components minus the motherboard, video card, memory and power supply. Still no love. :(. So its not the memory sims, but I appreciate the help anyway! Thank you.

Archived