Corsair Community

Replacing the stock paste on h50 input needed

Xunaka

http://indigo-xtreme.com/index.html

Was thinking of giving this a whirl, if not then just falling back on AS5 I'm pretty unhappy with my current temps on the h50 with stock paste. I'm curious about anyone else input or experiences with re-pasting and netting better results than with the stock paste.

I've read claims that the h50 is pre pasted with shin-etsu which is why I didn't really repaste but my temps lead me to believe otherwise.

I've had too many H50s to count. My latest one is getting RMAed however, as it was performing 10-15Cs worse than my other one (both i7 920s at stock settings).

I removed it and noticed the paste was not making proper contact with the CPU (possibly expiring paste). But the most notable problem is probably the pump, as I've gotten used to the feeling the tubing and this one feels like a very weak flow.

I am also wondering if anyone has replaced the stock paste on the H50. My CPU idle temp is 46C and trying to run Prime95, temp rises to 86C in less than 30 seconds. Would be interested in hearing from anyone that replaced the stock paste with AS5.

I installed the H50 last night and removed the thermal paste and replaced it with AC5. The temps are sitting around 30 degrees C. I will need to stress it over the weekend. It will obviously need to cure but on Arctic's own website it states that it should only drop about 4-5 degrees over that time in a best case scenario. Also, I read up on the that ETI the first poster mentioned and in the pdf it states you cannot use it with coolers that require a twist to install... That includes the H50 unless you want to hold the pump down and then attach the ring. I dont think its worth it.

Ehh, I dont have manual in front of me but you just barely screw the ring down then insert the cooling block and twist it into "locking position. Sure its possible not to make contact with the cpu. It seems that the ETI's run around 10 dollars each and cool between 2-4C better than a higher performance TIM. Is it really worth it and if you want to extreme O/C? Maybe a higher end water solution is ideal.

Archived