Corsair Community

Memory code - TWIN2X4096-6400C5 or C5G

julianm

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble to replace a fault memory card.

I bought a 2x2GB kit in mid-2009 (TWIN2X4096-6400C5G).

Then, after some months of use I contacted my reseller here in France (Grosbill.com) to replace a faulty memory card.

They agreed that the memory is not working, but they don't want to exchange it for a new one, saying that my part is out of stock.

However, they have almost the same product in stock, with a slightly different part number: TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (without the last 'G').

What this G means, are these two products the same: TWIN2X4096-6400C5 and TWIN2X4096-6400C5G?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julian

• Corsair Employees

That is the same part the "G" is not part of the part number it just means the modules are RHOS complaint (Made Lead Free).

If they will not or cannot replace the modules for you please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• Corsair Employees

NP Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Please note this was previously posted about running two twin sets of this set of modules or running 4 up.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived