Corsair Community

X64 SSD 194MB/sec Read

SupraWez

Hey All,

I have an X64 SSD with Windows 7 64bit and its been running really well but I notice the occasional pause when viewing things like youtube, I also noted that it doesnt seem to be a quick as it was when I first installed it, do these ATTO results look OK, if not what can I do to restore performance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6531&d=1266535178

I have read that there are different firmware versions for these drives, how best to check which version I am running?

Thanks

Wez

1077618664_X64SSD180210.jpg.50618278b973f69016d3d1f0e5604575.jpg

SSD190210.jpg.9282e48c883cac9276b8f39c85e60c33.jpg

One way to check which firmware you have is to download and run something like Crystal Disk Info.

Your performance is only slightly down, but that would be normal after some usage time.

Check the stickies for some tips plus there are some good posts in the forum.

I would not of thought your SSD has anything to do with Youtube pausing, more likely your network connection.

One way to check which firmware you have is to download and run something like Crystal Disk Info.

Your performance is only slightly down, but that would be normal after some usage time.

Check the stickies for some tips plus there are some good posts in the forum.

I would not of thought your SSD has anything to do with Youtube pausing, more likely your network connection.

Thanks I will look for Crystal Disk Info.

I used youtube as example, the whole machine pauses, audio sticks and then it frees up again, prob only for a second or two, it doesnt do it when not running the SSD.

Yes you have Firmware version 1.0, so when its available and you feel the need to have Windows 7 TRIM support you can update the firmware but if you are not having any issues I would not suggest it.

If you dont recommend the update why would you release it?

Archived