Corsair Community

RMA of a dead X128 w/ FW 1.0

PeroTT

Hi,

A week ago my 1,5 month old Corsair X128 died on me as it all of a sudden is no longer rekognized by BIOS. I have established it's death by trying the drive in another computer, still dead, and hooking up another drive in the same sata-ports as the X128, and it's functional.

Knowing Corsair, i trust there will be no problems replacing the drive.

However, i have 2 concerns: I live in Europe and will need to ship it to the NL for replacement. The cost of shipping it UPS-std (4 days delivery) incl extra insurance because of the value is € 108 / $ 147.

This cost gives me my 2nd concern; what version FW will the replacement drive have? If it's the same as my fawlty drive it will be a VERY expensive drive for me, if it has the new FW on it the shipping cost for me may be justified.

So my simple question is; Which FW will the replacement drive have?

Feel free to reply either here or by PM/email (my acc accepts emails from admins) if you feel that's more appropriate.

Thank you.

unless they test your drive and its working they may update the Firmware and return it back to you.

lol, if it was working i would not throw away money on shipping costs to get it replaced :confused: but be my guest ;):

Anyway, i will use your provided link.

Thanks.

/PeroTT

Archived