Corsair Community

Obsidian 700D Specs Emerging

Raptor-X

The positioning of the fan in between the harddrive bays could have been better. From what I can tell from the pictures, if you have two harddrives in the bottom bays, hot air will be blown from them and onto the four bays above.

Has anyone measured how big 140mm fan is? That's a huge area to suck air in with. A front intake is usually single 120mm, unless you get one of those open style cases where the whole front is an intake, but those are ugly. But in similar closed style cases what's the difference in having a single 120 in front or a 140 in the bottom? People that actually have the case say the air temps are ok once you do some fan upgrades. An idea I had was to make a metal plate that I could install at an angle over the 140mm fan to angle the air towards the mobo instead of straight up, that way more air gets to the things that need it.

Atlease now there is room to Mod this case for more intakes with the hot swap bays removed. Also removing the hot swaps takes the sata cable issue away people were reporting.

I really wish they kept the side window. I hope they offer a side window panel for $20 on their site. I'd pay for one...IF IT'S SQUARE! the sail was kind of ugly. Otherwise I'll mod the side panel with my own square window, but I'd rather it be done professionally... so corsair please make a side panel with a square window available!

If this case is ~$100 less than the 800D I plan on buying one. If it's $50 less, than it's not such a good deal...at $50 less by the time I make or buy a side panel window for this it'd be almost the same price as a 800D.

PS: The rubber grommes are awsome

I have an FT01 with 180mm in the front and 180 mm at the top. This has nothing in the front sucking in air.

Corsair STOP I love this case but the AIR is crap fix it and i will stop thinking about the FT02 and get this...do it corsair

If this case is only for WC fans then state that in your promo. The fans love good air and most of us cant be fagged in setting up a complicated WC system.

my 5 cents :confused:

tbh its a water cooling case imo, its massive... the air cooling is fine, but not great compared to actual cases meant solely for air cooling. where the hdd is at the bottom, there shud be a grill thingy, and the hdd shud be removable so people can install a dual rad with no modding

Archived