Corsair Community

800D SATA power cable too long.

spammeister

Bought this bad boy on the 15th, very nice, my tax refund at work heh. One major gripe:

This is what is shown in the manual:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/spammeister/Obsidian/powermanual.jpg

This is how my actual cable fits (or actually doesn't):

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/spammeister/Obsidian/Poweractual.jpg

If I plug in all 4 SATA power cables, the PCB bends at a rather alarming angle at the ends, I'm afraid they would eventually snap. I've seen other pictures online and the cable lines up perfectly. I have not seen pictures of cables that are too long, like mine.

I'm still waiting for a response from customer service (which looking from posts here, may or may not happen). Would the recommended course of action be to get a new cable, or is it possible to jigger the connections to make it fit without breaking the wires? Thanks

Yep, take a look in that other thread.

But to sum it up, you can fix the problem by flexing the cable between each power connector to match the distance between each backplate.

Do NOT bend the backplate connectors even slightly, I've read about many people having random harddrive connection issues.

Don't feel bad i got sent some straight sata cables with mine. And guess what you can use them on the sata power for the quick drives. Because they stick out too far and the cover will not go on.

Everywhere else i look they got sent the 90° sata cables.

• 1 month later...
I just got my 800D yesterday, Didnt try the cable yet until today, Plugged up the bottom and tried to match the other 3 and they, Like alot here, Did not line up. The top connector cable went slightly above the plate. It worries me to bend the cable.

Archived