Corsair Community

Flash Padlock - no drive letter

SiliconAngel

Hello,

Last night I connected my 4GB USB Flash Padlock to my workstation, which caused a BSoD and subsequent system crash. Unfortunately I can't view the error log as trying to open the memory dump causes Notepad to lock up. Now when I connect the flash drive I can see it in both in System Devices and the Disk Management module of the Computer Management console, however no drive letter is available and I can't see any of the content of the drive. The workstation in question is the one in my profile.

When I try to assign a driver letter to this device, I get the following error:

Disk Management

The operation failed to complete because the disk management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the disk management console, then restart disk management or restart the computer.

I've tried deleting the device, rebooting the PC and connecting to the USB3.0 ports on the mainboard, all without success.

Interestingly, the drive works perfectly on other computers - I have a laptop running exactly the same version of Windows and that detects and accesses the drive fine, as do all the other PCs I've tested it on at work. It is only an issue with my PC, which of course is a bit annoying as it was working a few weeks ago.

Is there another driver I can try to get Windows to upgrade to, to see if that fixes the issue? It's currently using a MS driver published in 2006...

Any advice highly appreciated.

Archived