Corsair Community

Need help with settings for an Asus P5N-E SLI with the Q2X8G6400C4DHX ram

Stonestomp

i used the search button to research some stuff before I posted here. On my BIOS to change the voltage I found where the SPP is which is named chipset voltage and its at 1.25 I found the memory voltage which is at 1.85 From reading the other posts with the same type of RAM I should change my chipset voltage to 1.45 and change the memory voltage at 2.1 but I can't find where the NB voltage is at. The only thing that I can change under voltage is this

CPU Core

FSB

Memory Voltage

Chipset Voltage

and the timings should be 4-4-4-12. If i turn on SLI/epp memory on in the bios it automatically adjusts everything but for the voltage part it changed the memory voltage to 2.1. the FSB from 1.10v to 1.40v. and the CPU Core from 1.2500V to 1.4500V . the only stupid question I have is, Will my computer get fried if I let the sli/epp memory on and let it automatically adjust the settings?

Hi Ram Guy, thanks for replying. I changed the settings to the ones you suggested me to do 4-4-4-12-2T, changing the memory voltage to 2.1v and the fsb to 1.35 . I have a couple more questions do I need to add +0.2v to my SPP chipset voltage(when I highlight this in bios it says its the nforce SPP or something)? or should I just leave it on auto which sets it at 1.25v and my other question is for the fsb do I really need to adjust it to 1.35 ? or can I just leave it on auto which sets it at 1.10v?

I was just curious and double checking because in the other posts I read about the Q2X8G6400C4DHX, you suggested them to add .2v to the spp and just change the memory voltage to 2.1v but nothing about the fsb.

set the FSB to 1.35-1.4 and you should be ok.

The actual voltage you need to adjust is the memory controller voltage. However, the terminology is different for that across different boards and different BIOS'. When I had this board, I had to run 1.53v on the memory controller to get stable with 4 modules. But, you should test it on your board to see if you can get by with less. Make the the memory controller is well cooled. On my board, the stock cooler was very poor and I upgraded it to a Swiftech MC.....59 or 159 IIRC. It's been a while.

Archived