Corsair Community

H50 pump noise question

Rainman86

In perusing the forums, it seems the H50 should be near silent, but that does not seem to be the case for me.

I finally got my new system up and running on Friday, and noticed the pump was QUITE loud. Sounded like the pump was cavitating or had an air bubble. CPU temps seemed normal from the reviews I'd read, so I let it run to see if the bubble would work itself out to whatever overflow there is in the system.

2 days later, the pump has quieted down a bit, but is still distinct even from outside the case with panels on. (FT02B) I do have to be within 2-3 feet to hear it with the panels on, but that kind of mechanical noise can't be helping the longevity of the pump.

So, is this normal? Are there steps I should take to get the bubble out? RMA?

Help me out here (still kicking myself over the weak random read/write from the samsung controller on the P256).

When I first installed mine I didnt notice any unusal sound. Infact the pump is very quiet. I did "flick" the pipes whilst the unit is running and could hear what sounded like air pockets moving... after a few "flicks" <- lol. The sound of trapped air was no more. Give it a try mate

• 3 weeks later...
I too have the same exact problem with my H50 in a 800D case. My temps are were they should be, but the noise is louder then all my fans. I had it running for 4 hours now with a buzzing type noise. I was told from tech support to RMA, but wondering if it might go away or if this is normal/common.

I opened a ticket. After a couple suggestions from the tech, he recommended I RMA the unit. I purchased another one from Fry's, and it was MUCH quieter. Can't hear the pump without being within 1 foot and the case open.

After pulling off the original to RMA, I noticed fluid sloshing in both the pump end and the radiator. Must not have been vented properly at the factory.

As a note, the main suggestion was to run the system horizontally to help get any air bubbles out of the pump. The system actually got much louder. I think what little gravity feed/pump head I was getting with the system in normal position for my system was helping till the orientation change of the case.

My mounting setup: Silverstone Fortress 2 case (FT02). Radiator mounted with 2 Noctua fans in push/pull exhaust configuration in place of the 120mm exhaust fan at the top of the case.

Archived