Corsair Community

HX620 Squeal

Gazzamcg

I purchased a HX620 on 19/12/2007.

Since then, it was used with a core 2 duo e8400, geforce 8800gt 512mb, abit ip35 pro, 4gb ram until Thursday when I upgraded to to an i5 750, a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3r and 4gb.

I've always heard a squeal from within the pc case and I initialy thought it was the 8800gt.

But it seems with the extra load the psu is squealing more. Sometimes it's ok but other times when simply moving the mouse the squeal is there.

Now, my Dad has a TX650, an i5 750, msi p55-gd65 4 gb ram and an ati hd 4850 and there is no squeal with that.

My question is, if the HX620 is rma'd to corsair and a new one is sent out and I get the same squeal what happens then ?

I purhcased it from dabs.com and i'm thinking of rma'ing it to them, but i'm worried in case they don't find anything wrong with it, or if they send a new one out and again I have the same sqeual I don't know if they could refund so I could buy a TX650.

Any advice ?

• Corsair Employees

I would recommend that you review this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85166

If none of the information there helps and it looks like there is a good chance that the PSU is responsible then we can definitely try replacing it. However if you were to get the same issues with a replacement, there must be some other component causing the problem.

Yeah, i'll check all that first to be sure it is the psu that's making the noise.

I've contacted dabs.com about returning it though, and they say they will return it to the manufacturer, but it can take between four to six weeks ?

Does it take that long if the retailer sends it back ?

• Corsair Employees

If they are telling you it will take 4-6 weeks to have the unit replaced, I would suggest doing the RMA directly through Corsair. Just use the Request an RMA link on the left side of this page and contact our customer service directly once you get your RMA number. They should be able to give you an accurate estimate for the turn around time, and I would suspect it would be much quicker than 4-6 weeks.

You can reach them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

Archived