Corsair Community

Looking for correct fan size dimensions

DarthVader1022

Hello everyone this is my first post and I glad to say I just made my first purchase today of the H50.

I was reading that everyone recommends to have a push/pull feature which I am all for.

My question is I know the fan is 120mm in size but what is the correct thickness and the RPM of the fan that comes with the H50 so when I order the 2nd fan they will both have the same specs and match up.

Thanks for any help anyone gives me.

DarthVader1022

Just wanted to bump this thread to add to as I have found these fans and would like to know would they be ok to use as the CFM is lower then the one that comes with the H50 since it says a max of 50CFM.

I am trying to setup my H50 with the PUSH/PULL method when I get it so I want to buy 2 matching fans.

SilenX 120x120x25mm - 11dBA - 46CFM iXtrema Pro Fan with Fluid Dynamic Bearings (IXP-74-11)

Or buy 2 of these Cooler Master 120x25mm One Ball Silent Fan (Y720SCB-12K1-GP) - 51.26CFM.

Or if some one could point me in the right direction on what fans would be good to use with the H50,I also live in the USA so please pose links to places in the USA i can buy from.

Remember I like 2 fans for the push /pull method.

Thanks

I'm not too familiar with SilenX fans but those do not look like they will move any air at all. The 46CFM and 11dBA are ... probably 23CFM actual and 22-28 dBA actual.

SilentPCreview is the place to research fans.

H50 has 120mm fan holes so it can fit any fans with 120mm fan mounts. 25mm thickness for stock screws, you'll need to buy longer screws from your hardware store (6-32 machine screws).

I've used the S-Flex, SFF21F fan as the pusher and the corsair fan as the puller in my set up. The sff21f runs at 1600 rpm,63.7 cfm @ 28 db and .2A. While not the exact spec as the corsair fan it runs quiet and provides good air flow into the rad. It is rated at 150000 hrs with the sony fluid dynamic bearing.

I'm using a Sunon 120mm 103cfm fan with the stock fan in a push pull arrangement on My H50 with My QX6700 B1(ES) cpu and the cpu is overclocked to 3.30GHz, I'd had the cpu up to 3.52GHz on air, The ram is at the same 440MHz of course(5:6 instead of the previous 1:1, ram voltage is @ 2.1v max) with a multi of 7, Now the multi is at 9, cpu volts @ 1.4125v(core voltage) on the Asus P5K Deluxe.

I ended up getting 2 of these Cooler Master Excalibur for my H50 theses where mentioned by Rasta_nz he is a member who posted his H50 setup here it is the setup that is Red and black..

And I have some Delta AFB1212VHE fans too(130cfm), I'm overclocking a 65nm cpu here, So I need to get some 6-32 Phillips 1.5" screws as the fans are 38mm thick, the stock Corsair fan is barely adequate for a QX6700 B1(ES) cpu @ 2.66GHz @ 100% load crunching for Seti@Home, Right now It can do 3.30GHz on water, It used to do 3.52GHz on air, My next water cooling effort will be with a dual radiator, It would be nice If Corsair sold one(one is made) as the HAF-932 and some case known as the 1200(It starts with an A) can be used with such a radiator, Actually the HAF-932 can take a 360x120 or a 240x120 radiator in the top of Its case.

Archived