Corsair Community

Windows 7 (64 Bit) Troubles

Yodarama

I have two 256GB Extreme Series Drives configured in Raid 0. After a fresh install of Win 7, everything was fine (fast and clean).

I shut down the computer for the evening, started the system the next day, and the OS would not boot. The indications were Win 7 was trying to reinstall.

After several power downs and resets the system started fine. The same thing occured the next day :( So now I leave the comp on all the time. I have read the forums and am sure I missed the solution.

I have a Dell 730x with a P7, 6 Gig DDR3 etc.

All help would be appreciated.

All,

I still have the same problem. Last night I powered down the system and this morning upon power up, the system does not recognize one of the drives and fails to boot. After two resets, the system boots and runs fine.

I have the latest Bios for the system board etc. Anyone have an idea?

V/r

Tom

Well, my 1st question would be to double check that you have re-set your boot-order after the OS-install, HDD before cd-rom, but then i saw that one of your Hd's was not rekognized. Have you re-seated your cables and doubled checked connections? no dents or anything? Maybe try to change them for some spares?

If all this fails i guess you may have a fawlty drive........??

All,

Thank you very much for the help. I shut down the computer last night, and again, had the same trouble this am. The system will get to the RAID configuration, which shows one drive as failed. Then ask me to select a bootable drive etc. After three or four resets, the system boots fine and all is well.

1. I have an Intel ICH10R RAID controller and the system reports the driver as current for Win 7.

2. I did try disconnecting the USB Drives/cable (Built in to the Monitor)...no change.

3. I have HDD as first in Boot Sequence.

4. What confuses me, is if I restart the computer, everything is fine. If I shut it down for the evening...no joy :(

V/r

Archived