Corsair Community

Noise of VX450W

pxhza

Hi,

I recently bought Corsair VX450W PSU for my computer and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my unit. I have Antec P183 case with 2+1 120mm fans and still this PSU is the loudest part. It's not dramatically loud but given that it has received many awards for silence I'm bit puzzled. What kind of noises do other people's corsairs have?

Noise is the same when case is open, so ventilation of the case shouldn't be the problem. And also my computer is bit outdated so the load should be low.

If Corsair considers this as a faulty unit that should be replaced could you email me that so I can attach it to package when returning it to store? I don't want to return it without some kind of "proof" because the store could say that it works fine and return it to me with 40€ bill for unnecessary return.

Hi,

the sound is caused by the fan, it is not electonical noise. But anywho I thought this little further and I think that I'm not going to return the item even if the fan is little faulty because I can't afford to be without a computer the time of the return process.

• Corsair Employees

If it sounds like the fan is making the noise I would try loosening the 4 fan screws about a 1/4 turn and see if there is any improvement. In some cases the screws may be tightened a little too tight from the factory and it can tweak the alignment of the fan and cause it to make some noise.

If there is no change, then take a look inside the PSU and see if you can detect anything that the fan may be hitting.

Archived